Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

And We're Off!



I headed out shortly after 8:00am yesterday morning. I had to make a little side trip into Abilene for a scooter part that my shop didn’t have. I spent about an hour at the Honda dealership, then headed off towards Post, TX. I had a nice little spot all picked out to stay overnight there. But, after the third call from the girls at the Texas Ramblin Roses Rally, I decided to just keep on going and get there. So after 12 hours on the road, I got to Canyon, TX a little after 8:00pm. Needless to say, I was road worn. But it was all good and it’s always like “Old Home Week” when we get together :)

Along the way, I drove through Sweetwater, TX. There were windmills as far as the eye could see on both sides of the road. Pretty impressive. And, with the wind around here, they have to be generating some power!




This morning, we went to Elkins Ranch down by the Palo Duro Canyon for a “Cowboy Breakfast” and some entertainment. They took us down into the canyon by jeep, where breakfast was waiting. No plates, just a tray full of great food! And I don’t even eat breakfast ;)




My friend Margareta ready to get in the Jeep!










After breakfast, there was a gentleman who played his guitar and sang country songs. He invited everyone to sing along and get up and dance. Well you don’t have to ask these girls twice ;)




Scotty, giving dance lessons for the “Cotton-eyed Joe”




Vicki doin the “Chicken Dance” lol What a hoot! ;)


After breakfast, my friend Peggy and I rode our scooters down into the canyon.











Tonight, is Happy Hour followed by a Potluck dinner and socializing. Then tomorrow morning we’ll be horseback riding in the canyon, then seeing the outdoor musical “Texas” with a steak dinner in the evening!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures, Sharon! Looks like you're having a great time eating your way across Texas!

    ReplyDelete