Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Wooo Hooooo!!! I'm officially on vacation!

For the Summer :) It hasn't hit me yet, but I'm sure it will tomorrow when I don't have to get up at O'dark-thirty and rush off to work. I have an awesome boss and co-workers though, and will surely miss them. But I'll be back in the Fall :)

For now, I am feverishly working on readying for take off on Thursday. The rig has all new sneakers, fresh oil and filters and is ready to roll. She is even sporting a new bra ;) Thanks to my friend Margareta, who also has a Sprinter. She traded up for a full size and gave me her partial. I'm sure it will help decrease the amount of nicks I'm getting on my nose. Thanks again Margareta :)





The scooter got serviced on Saturday. She needs a new sneaker in the back too. So that is on order and should be here on Tuesday morning and she'll be ready to roll!


The trailer is a different story. I got this really kewl "Trailer in a Bag" last July. I used it twice. It towed like a dream at normal speed limits with it's "D-rated" tires. It came apart in three foot sections to be stowed away when I wasn't using it. However, I was unable to load it myself. It was too scary to ride up the single track and I didn't have enough leverage to steady 400 lbs a foot off the ground. Try as hard as I might, I had to come up with a different solution that I can manage myself.





So, off I went to Tractor Supply and got a nice utility trailer. I took my scooter chock off the old and put it on the new. Now I am confident I can manage this one by myself without bodily injury. The only problem is, this one came with "B-rated" tires, so I can only go 60 mph. The speed limits in Texas are 70 and even 80 in West Texas. I'm just going to have to set my cruise control is all. Good thing I'm not in a hurry this trip ;) (Photo coming soon)


The next few days will be full of to do's such as laundry, haircut, reorganizing, groceries, cleaning, etc... Come Thursday morning, it'll be time to head out for our first stop. Palo Duro Canyon in Canyon, TX. I'm meeting a bunch of great friends at an Rving Women Rally there. It's a seven and a half hour drive, so we'll get there on Friday.

Next week, we'll be in Colorado! You can follow along on the map at the top right as we color in states as we go. We'll follow the green arrowed path around the Pacific North West :) It's gonna be a grand time!

No comments:

Post a Comment