Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Badlands, North Dakota

Today, I toured the Roosevelt National Park in Medora, ND. There are two loops you can drive, but the majority of sights appeared to be in the 36 mile south loop, so that’s the one I took. It is very different terrain and is called the badlands due to difficulty of traversing it and developing it.









I saw some new wildlife today. Prairie dogs! And are they ever cute. There are several “Prairie dog towns” within the park. They are fun to watch :)

See all those white areas? They are little homes for these guys.



I’m not sure what this one was doing, but I think he was basking in the sun ;)



I also saw two bison, but didn’t get a photo since they were so far away. And, I think we’ve seen enough of them now ;)

That ends our National Parks tour for the summer. I still have states that need visiting on my way back to Texas to continue filling in my map. But, the next stop is in South Dakota to visit my friend Pat! We’ll also stop by the Corn Palace to see what this year’s theme is. So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment