Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Little Bavaria in Leavenworth, WA

Friday, I visited Leavenworth, Washington’s little Barvaria. It’s a quaint little town nestled in the picturesque Wenatchee National Forest with the Wenatchee river coursing right through it. There is a waterfront park you can enjoy with rafting and kayaking.



The town itself has all the Bavarian architecture you’d expect with beautiful gingerbread and happy oompah music playing out into the streets.









And the food? You betcha it was good! King Ludwigs is known for their Schweineshax’n or pork hocks. You can see them cooking on the rotisserie in their kitchen window.





The pork hocks are served with hot German potatoe salad, sauerkraut and red cabbage. And it was wonderful!



Afterwards, I found the bakery ;) Although I was way too full for desert, I did get a giant soft pretzel to go ;)





This pretzel was bigger than a full size dinner plate!



I don’t eat out often, but when I do it’s because it’s worth it! There is RV parking on the west side of town. I walked in, but I cheated and took the trolley back because I was so full! lol What a pleasant day and I’d highly recommend a visit to Leavenworth :)

Now, it’s off to Glacier National Park. It’ll take us a couple days to get there.

1 comment:

  1. We can't wait to visit this place. The pictures of food made us hungry! Looks like a really neat place to visit.

    Stay Safe

    ReplyDelete