Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Time to Move On

I had a very productive and enjoyable week here. This is a beautiful part of Washington. I am happy to report my laundry, cleaning and grocery shopping are all done. I even managed to get a bad haircut ;) and do some sightseeing. And…I got my seafood!

I took a little ride up to Port Townsend. A quaint little coastal town overlooking Whidby Island. It always seems so foggy here, especially in the mornings.



This is the line for the ferry waiting to go over there. Sure glad that wasn’t on my agenda for the day ;)



I also took a trip into Sequim. This area is known for growing lavender because it is the ideal climate and is located in what’s called the “rain shadow”. They only get 15” of rain per year, but plenty of moisture off the bays. You can actually go visit the lavender farms and pick your own. It sure smells good and the whole town is landscaped with it. And it's amazing what all they make out of it.







Then, I took a trip to Dungeness Bay in search of a good crab dinner . And, I wasn’t disappointed. There is a restaurant there called the 3 crabs that sits right on the bay where the crabs are actually harvested and is very highly rated.



Across the bay, you can see this pretty lighthouse



And finally, my delicious dinner! A whole steamed Dungeness crab served with cole slaw and a roll :) It’s smaller than an Alaskan crab and the shell is thinner, so it made for easier eating. I was hoping that going to the source for seafood would be a better deal than elsewhere. Kind of like going to Maine and getting a lobster for $5.00. But no such luck. They charged full market price. But it was sooo good! Poor guy ;)



Today, we are heading out and are off to Leavenworth. Washinton’s little Bavaria. We’ll see what kind of good food we can find there! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment