Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Grandest of Canyons: The North Rim

How fitting it was to visit the Grand Canyon today on the Fourth of July. America is sure a beautiful country. When I see such majestic scenery like this, I feel so grateful that I am so blessed to be here.

After entering the Kaibab National Forest, the roads traversed open meadows bordered by pines.



The visitors center was located 12 miles in from the actual entrance, so there was no point in unloading my scooter for such a short distance. So I took some photos from the rim. It was a bit hazy this morning with pleasant temperatures in the 60’s.





I did take a nice 5 mile drive out to Point Imperial to get another view. The elevation there was at 8803. The road was narrow and twisty, and made me wish I had taken my scooter ;)



The amazing view from the point





Now, we're off to Nevada for a couple of days for little R&R. I need to get my mail and do some laundry.

Happy Fourth of July!

2 comments: