Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

The World's Largest Tree!

I made it to California on Wednesday. Thursday, I toured the King’s Canyon and Sequoia National Parks. They are interconnected parks within the Sequoia National Forest. It was another gorgeous day for a scooter ride! I started off in Kings Canyon with this amazing view, the scent of pines and plentiful sunshine :)





These National Parks make the greatest scooter roads!



Our first stop was Grant’s Grove. The General Grant tree is the second largest tree in the world. The sequoia tree is an evergreen. My pictures don’t do these trees justice. You can barely stand back far enough with the zoom all the way out.



This fallen sequoia base will give you an idea of just how HUGE these trees really are. That's a full size adult in there!



After riding the full beautiful length of the park, I came to what is known as the Giant Forest. It is just full of sequoias and is home of the General Sherman Tree. The Largest tree in the world!



Not only are these trees HUGE, but so are their pinecones! They are larger than my foot. And for those of you who don't know me, I have big feet! lol



I parked my scooter and hiked a half mile to go see the General Sherman. This is one impressive tree. It’s base spans 109 ft around!







This tree makes those full size adults look like midgets.



Another awesome day in a nationally preserved paradise :) Next stop...Yosemite National Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment