Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

Special Guests

Sunday, my friend Laura stopped in for a visit at the Escapees park where I was staying in Coarsegold, CA. She was on her way home to So. Cal after a vacation in the PNW. We had a wonderful visit and I got to see her new rig. She also fed me well with goodies to go. It seems all my friends love to feed me for some reason ;) We also took her dog Jed for a walk and explored the park a bit. But, we neglected to take photos. Sorry. Thanks again Laura. It was great to see you and Jed again :)

Monday, I headed for San Francisco. I wanted to see the Golden Gate Bridge, even though I dread big city traffic. Of course, my route highway 101 took me right down, smack dab in the middle of center city with 3 narrow lanes of traffic. I must admit though, the city is beautiful with all it’s clean, pretty landscaping and beautiful architecture. Sorry, no photos again. I needed two hands on the steering wheel ;)

Finally, I crossed the big bridge and stopped at a viewing area for a photo op :) I’m not sure why they call it the “Golden” Gate, because it is actually orange. But it was impressive.



It was a pretty cloudy and foggy day here. But this a shot overlooking the city.



And just when I was thinking I made it past the worst of the traffic going out of the city, I came upon this. There was a brush fire along the road. So I crept along at a snail’s pace for quite some time.



This is why I love the Hill Country of Texas. We don’t have any more than two lanes. And that’s enough for me!

Tomorrow, it's off to “The Avenue of the Giants”!

No comments:

Post a Comment