Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Enroute to Baker City, OR

I left Sutherlin, OR on Monday morning enroute for Baker City. Knowing it would take me two days, I stopped to smell the roses (flowers;) along the way.



I stopped by Cottage Grove. There is a scenic byway covered bridge tour you can take. I knew I probably couldn’t fit through them and there was a lot of road construction, but I wanted to see at least one of them. This one was built in 1925 and is no longer in service since the new bridge was built next to it.



I wasn't really paying attention to the time, so got to Portland at the beginning of evening rush hour. So, I had some time to take photos while I sat there ;)
Here’s a shot of the city



And an ariel tram.



Coming out of Portland, I had a great view of Mt. Hood.



As I drove along the beautiful Columbia River Gorge, I stopped to see the horsetail falls. Just click the arrow to view the videos. The falls were so pretty they needed more than just a flat picture.



And Multnomah Falls



Tuesday, we’ll travel part of the Oregon Trail and arrive in Baker City to learn all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment