Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Ancient Arches

Wednesday morning I headed for Moab, UT to tour the Arches National Park. I took part of the scenic byway, “Trail of the ancients” south from Cortez first, so I could see the Four Corners Monument. My Mom told me I needed to get a photo of me straddling the four states that come together at one point. So, since I was so close, I decided to go check it out.

Along the way I saw the Shiprock, which is a rock formation rising nearly 1,583 feet above the high-desert plain on the Navajo Nation in New Mexico.



I arrived at the Four Corners, only to find it closed for reconstruction. Sorry Mom.



The route to Moab was open cattle grazing and various stone formations along the way.



When I got to the Arches Nat’l Park, I unloaded my scooter and drove off to the all the various stone formations. When you are standing among them, it feels like you are standing in the middle of a 3D picture. Pretty amazing.





The infamous delicate arch



Double arches



Next stop, Zion National Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment