Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Yosemite Splendor

Saturday, I headed off to Yosemite National Park. One of the kind ladies at the RV Park recommended I not ride my scooter to the Park due to congested traffic areas, so I heeded her warning. And am I glad I did. Not only was traffic bad on a weekend, but the road into the park all the way to the visitors center was torn up with construction. Gravel and scooters don’t mix well. And of course the park was busy with no places to park anyway. I was glad I had my rig with my lunch and bathroom ;)

However, that didn’t deter my appreciation of the beauty before me. Yosemite has a little bit of everything. I toured the Valley first, then headed off down the scenic Tioga Pass.

Alpine forests and Giant Sequoias



Waterfalls




Craggy cliffs and domes



The infamous El Capitan



Open Meadows



Cool mountains streams



Lake Tenaya



And even snow!



It was a thoroughly enjoyable day with awesome weather. Life is good! :)

Now let’s go see some redwoods!

No comments:

Post a Comment