Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Beautiful Bryce Canyon National Park

I stayed in Kanab, UT last night and drove the Mt. Carmel scenic byway to Bryce Canyon National Park. It was a beautiful drive with the roads lined with pines and horse farms. I entered the Dixie National Forest and passed the Red Canyon in route.






It was much cooler at 80 degrees and surprisingly very little traffic for a holiday weekend. I unloaded my scooter and toured the park stopping at the various points of interest. For the most part, I had the road all to myself. And, this is the first park I've been to so far with no roads torn up.



These photos were taken at Rainbow Point, elevation 9115





Ponderosa Point, elevation 8904



Agua Canyon, elevation 8800



Natural Bridge



Now here’s a sad photo, I was driving along enjoying the scent of pines and came upon this area. They must have a had a forest fire here recently. No wonder they ban fireworks here.



These rock formations are very different from the others we’ve seen. They remind me of sandcastles.





It was such a pleasant day, but enough of the rocks now. Let’s go look at a hole in the ground ;) We’re off to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon!

No comments:

Post a Comment