Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Zion National Park

I arrived at Zion National Park on Friday. It was a hot 101 degrees, winds were whippin at 35 mph and the dust was sticking to my sunscreen. On top of that, I couldn’t ride my scooter to the various cliff formations, I had to take the shuttle. But, it was worth it.

Driving into the park, I went through the quaint little town of Rockville. There were signs posted banning all fireworks, but their streets were lined with American flags.



The park was just beautiful and the greenest I’ve seen here so far. There is what they call a “river” that courses through it, but I’d consider it more of a mountain stream. At least that was refreshing.



The rock formations were named by a Methodist minister. This one is known as the Patriarchs.



And here’s the Great white throne



A refreshing Grotto and picnic area



The Temple of Sinawava



It’s time to get out of this heat and head north to Bryce Canyon. I’m drinking over a gallon of water a day here! The eastern entrance of the park is under construction, so I’m going to have to take the long way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment