Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Scenic Coastal Highway 101

Tuesday, I drove up the scenic route 101 through the Avenue of the Giants in California. These redwood trees are not the widest around, but they sure are the tallest! It was a gorgeous drive with pleasant weather and my kinda roads :)





There is an auto tour you can take with designated stops for walking through the various forests. This is the path through one of them. It’s amazing just how small these trees make you feel while standing beneath them. They smell so good and it is much cooler when walking under them.



I know my rig is small, but it really looks miniature compared to some of these trees!



Highway 101 continues on along the coast into Oregon and Washington. Here the Pacific meets the redwoods :)



I arrived in Oregon Tuesday night, then preceded up the Oregon Coast on Wednesday. It was a bit cloudy and much cooler in the 50’s. I’m back to wearing long pants and sleeves for the first! Especially in the mornings and evenings. I even had to turn on the furnace for the first time since leaving Texas! But the coast sure is beautiful and quite different from what I’m used to. A lot of rocky coastline opposed to just sand.





I also noted some dunes along the way, which were pretty unique with pines growing in and around them.





I’m taking a catch up day today, then we’ll head off to Diamond and Crater lakes!

3 comments:

  1. Really beautiful pictures. The redwoods are huge.

    Stay Safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comments :)

    Love,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, where are you? I'll send you a pm in the women's forum with my cell. We're on the north OR coast and also planning to go to Crater Lake. Maybe we can gtg.

    ReplyDelete