Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Glacier National Park

Monday, I explored Glacier National Park. It’s a very beautiful and diverse park with mountains, valleys, lakes and streams. I even saw some wildlife for the first time. Mountain goats!

It was also the first rain I ran into for the first time this summer. Unfortunately, it was cloudy and overcast so my photos were not great. It’s a good thing too, because I was deleting a video off my camera card and lost the pictures on the whole dang card! Dad gummit!

I would have gone back the next day again if it weren’t for the construction and threats of rain again. There are two sections with a 10 minute wait each way, so I spent 40 minutes of my day waiting in line. At least the last one gave me a chance to put on my rain gear as I watched a storm approaching. I ended up driving about 30 miles in the rain on my scooter back to my rig at the park entrance. Not fun!

So I’ll just put this one back on my bucket list. Montana sure is a beautiful state.

Today, it’s off to Yellowstone! I’ll be spending the next week or so here.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I was with you. I just loved Yellowstone and you will too. This sure is a great country.

    ReplyDelete