Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Island Park, Idaho Get Together

Sunday afternoon, I headed off to Island Park, ID to gtg with some RV forum friends. I was staying in West Yellowstone, so it was only a half hour drive to meet up with my friends Larry and Sheila who are work camping there. Our friend Kerry, who is work camping in the Tetons drove over as well. I had met Larry and Sheila before at a Quartzsite Rally two winters ago, but I had never met Kerry.

We had a lovely visit. Sheila took us on a walk down by the river to pick wild huckleberries. And were they ever good! They are at a beautiful park in the Targhee National Forest.



Larry showed us some of his recent paintings he does as a hobby.



We visited over snacks of course ;) Sheila is a great cook, but I told her not to fuss. I realize she is working.



Then, Larry was kind enough to get a group photo of us.

Sheila, me and Kerry (Left to right)



It was sure great seeing you again Sheila and Larry and nice meeting you Kerry. Thanks for a nice visit :)

I'll be leaving Yellowstone tomorrow (Monday) and heading for Cody, WY! I'll spend some time at the museum, catch a rodeo and do a little horseback riding :)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like great fun! It's always nice to be able to meet up with friends on the road.

    Stay Safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Larry is a very good artist. What a wonderful gtg. Sounds like you all had a great time. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is wonderful to meet up with forum friends. I had the pleasure of meeting Sheila and Larry last year. They are in a beautiful campground. I am so enjoying, riding along with you. Thanks

    ReplyDelete